The 153rd Open in 2025 on the Dunluce Links at Royal Portrush Golf Club in County Antrim, Northern Ireland shall be a memorable and much-anticipated championship.Read more “Royal Portrush Golf Club to Host The 153rd Open in 2025”
UPDATE 20 AUGUST 2021
As an update to the below post, the testing landscape has improved. Currently eMed is offering remote, supervised antigen testing which can be used for both travel to the United Kingdom and when returning to the United States.
Order the test online and set up an account at eMed and also Abbott Labs (their NAVICA App).
Package ships overnight for $17 supplement. The package contains 6 test kits which can be shared with 2 others. Alternatively, Optum offers a package with 3 tests of the same product, and the testing is done by the same company, eMed.
On the eMed website, log in and select the start testing option.
You are served up some questions. If using the test for outbound USA travel, suggest you select “Other” and not International Travel as that question is intended for travel inbound to the USA as a positive answer introduces new questions as if you are outside the USA taking the test. Watch the brief video below for a 30 second explanation.
Best to be in a quiet area with your camera set so that you can open and keep package contents in front of the camera with you also visible. You will then be slotted into a video call process and the proctor shall walk you through the process.
Once the test is completed, you need to leave the test in view of the camera for 15 minutes after which time another proctor shall review the results and push through to your phone and online account the needed Fit to Fly Certificate, which you then can either print and show the airline or upload to Verifly (if flying British Airways or American).
9 AUGUST 2021 – ORIGINAL POST
I decided mid-morning on July 31 that I would travel back to Scotland at short notice. The below is a summary of my experience;
- Reservation made with British Airways for August 2, flying JFK-LHR-GLA
- Reservation made online with CVS for PCR test the same afternoon – antigen test also acceptable
- Downloaded Verifly App and created an account
- Uploaded an image of my CDC vaccination card to Verifly App for approval
- CDC vaccination card was approved 15 minutes after submission
- Booked the international arrival Covid testing package
- You need to do in the correct sequence as UK arrival test order ID is different than the Reference Code that you will receive by email
- Enter your flight information for your arriving flight into Scotland (although it says UK as otherwise, it is slightly disjointed). Please note, if you are traveling on a codeshare flight, e.g. you have a British Airways ticket but the flight is operated by American Airlines, you enter the AA flight number and the BA locator number.
- It is needed for the Passenger Locator Form
- Passenger Locator Form needs to be submitted within 48 hours of arrival in the UK.
- The form is fairly straightforward but you need to pay attention: it would be helpful to have your arrival flight details, including seat assignment and first hotel address when you start.
- Eventually, that generates an email to you with your Travel Authorization (with QR code).
Takeaway. The Verifly App is terrific for ensuring you have all in order to fly and so you do not discover a shortcoming at the airport that denies boarding. The airlines are tasked with only presenting qualified travelers to UK immigration.
The ease of UK immigration will obviously depend on volume, but I would expect any challenges to get ironed out as passenger volumes increase. For example there was an option to register online when taking the arrival Covid testing package on Day 2, however the associated questions were targeted for UK Citizens who would be returning home. I realized it was best for me not to register, and simply take the test and put in in the mail.
For returning to the USA, again I suggest using Verifly (or a similar app) to help you through the process. You will need to book an approved Covid test – PCR or Antigen (Antigen took 15 minutes). Importantly, you need a commercial test with a certificate (an NHS test does not include the needed information for US immigration). 5 minutes after uploading my Antigen test results, it was approved and the Verifly App showed ready for travel. Check-in process was again very simple. Show the Verifly App to the agent and you are done. US immigration only showed their usual interest in your passport.
The 150th Open on the Old Course, St Andrews in 2022 shall be a memorable and much-anticipated championship.
The R&A has announced dates for the two subsequent championships. Both venues had been previously declared before the pandemic struck, but the new dates were still unknown.Read more “2023, 2024 Dates Confirmed For The 151st Open & The 152nd Open”
Our interest and motivation to present our “Authentic Collection” was simple. Could we do a better job of introducing our clients to some golfing ideas in Scotland, which hitherto have been overlooked by our clients? Scotland is blessed with a collection of marque courses, some of which routinely host The Open. However, there is more to the story…Read more “The Authentic Collection – Scotland Golf Packages”
The right place at the right time. Never a truer word was spoken if you are a Fighting Illini (University of Illinois) or Cornhuskers (University of Nebraska) fan. Their 2021 College Football Week Zero game has been announced for Saturday, August 28, 2021 at Aviva Stadium in Dublin, Ireland…the same day our Irish Links Golf Cruise embarks in Dublin. The 700-guest Azamara Quest overnights in Dublin before commencing an almost complete circumnavigation of the Emerald Isle visiting nine ports and playing 6 world-class courses during a twelve-night cruise.
Ports include Warrenpoint, Belfast, Londonderry, Donegal, Galway, Foynes, Cork, Waterford and finally, disembark in Southampton. The golf is exceptional with six of Ireland’s most treasured clubs including Royal County Down, Royal Portrush, Portmarnock Links, Ballyliffin, Adare Manor and Old Head.
If you are looking for a truly memorable way to experience the very best of Irish golf, combined with legendary college football, now is the time to book your space.
Please note: College Football Tickets sold separately by third parties. PerryGolf is not affiliated with the event.