The USGA has put forth a commendable amount of resources and efforts in its campaign to end slow play on the golf course. Slow play is a big issue that has continued to increase over the years. It’s time we get in gear and put it to an end.
USGA President Glen Nager outlines the following as the main components of the recently launched program:
- Analysis of key factors known to influence pace of play
- Development of a pace-of-play model based on quantifiable data
- Improvements to the USGA Pace Rating System
- On-site assistance at golf courses to help managers assess and improve pace of play
- Creation of player education programs