Last week the influential US magazine Conde Nast published their annual readers survey, known as the 2013 Readers’ Choice Awards. The Readers’ Choice Awards are based on the feedback of 80,000 frequent travelers, which gives those names on the list even more credibility. Leading the pack of the Top 20 Resorts in Europe (Italy, Greece, Ireland, Switzerland, Scotland, and England) is The Lodge at Doonbeg – ranked as The No.1 Resort in Europe & the 20th Best Hotel in the World.
- 1. Lodge at Doonbeg, Co. Clare
- 2. Gleneagles Hotel, Auchterarder
- 3. Blue Palace Resort, Crete
- 4. Dromoland Castle Hotel, Co. Clare
- 5. Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort
- 6. Four seasons Hotel Hampshire
- 7. Sheen Falls Lodge, Co. Kerry
- 8. Adare Manor, Co. Limerick
- 9. Ashford Castle Hotel, Co. Mayo
- 10. Chewton Glen, Hampshire
- 11. Villa d’Este, Lake Como
- 12. Dolder Grand, Zürich
- 12. Turnberry Resort, Ayrshire
- 14. Mount Juliet Estate, Co. Kilkenny
- 15. Old Course Hotel, St. Andrews, Fife
- 16. Arion Resort, Astir Palace, Athens
- 17. Killarney Royal Hotel, Co. Kerry
- 18. Galway Bay Hotel
- 19. Hotel Excelsior, Venice Lido
- 20. Westin Athens Astir Palace Beach Resort
The course is located between Lahinch and Ballybunion on the west coast. Originally identified by the Black Watch Regiment as the preferred site for their course in the 1890’s, it was overlooked in favor of Lahinch due to superior railroad access. Greg Norman has designed a magnificent links course, carved out of a landscape of grass covered dunes which border the Atlantic Ocean. Each of the holes offers wonderful panoramas of the ocean and the Irish countryside.
So how do you sign up for an Ireland Golf Package with PerryGolf? Simple, check us out online.
One of our most popular packages is to Southwest Ireland. You’ll stay 6 nights at Killarney Park Hotel and the Lodge at Doonbeg, and play 5 rounds of golf at the best of the best – Ballybunion, Waterville, Lahinch, Tralee, and Doonbeg. Check it out by clicking here!